Courtesy of Nealy Fischer, yoga, health and fitness guru and Founder of MAYYA MOVEMENT
(Note: this recipe requires a dehydrator)
STEP 1: INGREDIENTS
1 cup pili nuts
¼ cup cashews
¼ cup sesame seeds
5 sundried tomatoes
4 dates, pitted
Water, for soaking
STEP 1: INSTRUCTIONS:
- Soak all above ingredients for 20-30 minutes
- Drain and keep the water
- Set aside and move to step two
STEP 2: INGREDIENTS:
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped carrot
1 stalk celery
¼ cup olive oil
2 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons braggs amino acids
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ cup sunflower seeds
1-2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1 cup nutritional yeast
4-5 heads of curly kale
STEP 2: INSTRUCTIONS
- Place all of step one and step two ingredients except for the kale in a blender. Add some of the water to achieve desired consistency.
- Remove from blender and place sauce in an oversized bowl
- Using kitchen gloves, rub mixture into kale and ensure that each kale piece is covered in sauce.
- Spread in a single layer on dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate overnight or until crispy like chips
- Store refrigerated in airtight container (will stay fresh for up to one month).
*Nealy’s Notes: Warning, these are highly addictive. Make sure you’re feeling generous because your friends will want to share!